Thursday, June 29, 2017

What Do You Want To Be?



"Life is not having and getting, but being and becoming."
 ~ Mathew Arnold


I don't know why, but when I saw this quote, it was like a lightbulb turned on, in my head, and I smiled. We spend a lot of time seeking things. Getting things, and in the end, regretting being things. For example, if I was on my dying bed today, I wouldn't be concerned about the beautiful, delicious cakes I've made or the fantastic short stories or poems I've written. My first thoughts would be- was I a good uncle, or brother, or son, or friend, or Godfather or husband or father?  Was I good and funny and reliable to the people I claim to love?  That's what' is important to me.


How about you?

1 comment:

  1. It certainly is food for thought. We should strive to become the best version of ourselves daily. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete