Friday, June 9, 2017

The other D word


Just between me, you and God,



Once a day I tear up. Sometimes when I'm alone, I burst in to tears, and other times they just flow. I let it occur for about 30 seconds to a minute, then I force myself to stop and then I carry on with the day-to-day living. I just did that a few minutes ago. I sometimes feel better after I've had a good cry. I was looking at my LinkedIn profile ( thinking about how to improve it so that I stand out amongst  job recruiters and employers) and I was reading about 2 friends of mine who were sending out a thanks into the blogosphere to those who helped them find great positions with great companies, and while I am happy for them, I was also sad. Next thing I knew, I was tearing up. No one was around, so I let the tears flow for about 30 seconds before wiping eyes and logging off LinkedIn.
I used to think I was suffering from depression. I went to a counselor for a couple sessions and the conclusion was that I am not suffering from depression. It's just disappointment, and there is no prescription for that.

2 comments:

  1. There's nothing wrong in crying, sometimes it's good for us. Yes there is no prescription for disappointment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Hope all is well with you!

      Delete