Thursday, March 30, 2017

11 things

That annoy the hell out of me


  1.  how months will pass by before I hear from friends, and then only if I give up and initiate the text or phonecall.
  2.  people who think they know everything yet their lives are worse than yours.
  3.  how months will pass by before I hear from friends, and then only if I give up and initiate the text or phonecall.
  4.  people who know that I am looking for employment and will like my posts in LinkedIn regarding my search, instead of taking an interest and helping me out.
  5.  how months will pass by before I hear from friends, and then only if I give up and initiate the text or phonecall.
  6.  being on the outside looking in.
  7.  being the only black person I see, unless I go to the barber shop or church.
  8.  how months will pass by before I hear from friends, and then only if I give up and initiate the text or phonecall.
  9.  that I can go to bed at 10 am, and barely close my eyes and the alarm clock will inform me it's 5 am
  10.  that people that claim to love me have a strange way of showing it,
  11. and last but not least, - my facebook post yesterday...So, I'm waiting for my interview. I got my suit on. I'm looking real professional. There are three while blonde males seated about 5 seats away from me. None are wearing suits and not even a tie. The secretary phones the person with whom I am to meet. About 3 minutes later a woman exits an office, glances in my direction but walks past me, and with her back to me, extends her hand to the first guy, says, Mr. Casey? He says no. ( I can hear the whole thing) . She goes to each of the 3 guys and they all say no. The secretary tells her ' he's over there," pointing at me. I'm good at noticing micro expressions. That second-long look of disappointment was replaced by a polite smile, and I suddenly knew the interview would be cut short.
    The one-hour interview lasted about 11 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. No 11. Wow! keep your head up, you'll get through x

    ReplyDelete