Sunday, February 19, 2017

The Monthly Brunch

Once a month I have brunch with some friends, where we sit and talk politics. We don't try to catch up with what's going on in each other's lives because email and text each other every day. It's just nice to see each other! Sometimes we pick a restaurant, but lately we've been meeting at Ron's house; his wife will make an elaborate meal for us. And I always bring the dessert.
I buy sweet potatoes and I eat them regularly; I understood that Sweet Potatoes are good for diabetics as they help regulate blood sugar, but I recently discovered that they actually do the opposite. It's Candied Yams that help relugate blood sugar.
Anyway, I wanted the get the Sweet Potatoes out of my house, so I just made a cake with them.
I always bring a dessert for Christine, Ron's wife, as a thank you for making the food for us all to enjoy. I made her some Avocado Chocolate Chip Ice Cream.



Sweet Potato Walnut Nocino Marble Cake




No comments:

Post a Comment