Saturday, December 3, 2016

True story

"Yo, Alieux, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"
"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."

"Oh. You still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped asking him to meet up for happy hour, I never hear from him again."

"Oh. You still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"
"No."
"How come?"
"After I helped him load heavy items from IKEA onto his truck and helped him put the cabinet and dresser drawers together,  I never hear from him again."

"I didn't see you at his house-warming party."
"I wasn't invited. His girlfriend saw me the next day and asked why I wasn't at the house-warming party and I told her I didn't even know there was a party. She was pissed." 

"You still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."

"But you two used to go to Buffalo Wild Wings every thursday."
"I stopped calling or texting or emailing,"

"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."


"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."

"But you two used to go to Starbucks down the street from work, every day at 10 am."
"I stopped calling or texting or emailing,"

"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."


"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."

"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"
"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."



"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"
"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."

"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"
"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."


"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."


"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."


"Oh, you still hang out with ( fill in the blanks)?"

"No."
"How come?"
"When I stopped calling or texting or emailing, I never hear from him again."

"But your two cubicles were right next to each other, and you both met up with his wife on wednesdays at the bar she works at, every week."
"When I was let go, I never heard from him again."

"But why do we still hang out?"

"Because you know how to use a telephone. You realize that a phone works both ways, and I appreciate that."







No comments:

Post a Comment