Thursday, November 24, 2016

The truth after what is left over.

Some people feel awkward when they see Facebook posts that seem to destroy their delusions. They prefer to feel safe. They prefer to keep their head in the sand.

That's where I step in; to inform them of the truth in all its ugliness.

Case in point- Columbus Day and Thanksgiving. The truth isn't learned in school.

When I was in junior high school, I asked my history teacher, how could America have been discovered by Europeans when there were Indians already living here? I  also asked my teacher why the books don't state that Europeans brought bubonic plague, chicken pox, pneumonic plague, cholera, diptheria, influenza, measles, scarlet fever, smallpox, typhus, tuberculosis, and whooping cough ( my grandfather told me about this) ?
My teacher reported me to the principal who called my mother to come to the school to convince me to apologize to the teacher, and when I asked what I did wrong, my teacher and principal were pissed. And I got in trouble for speaking up.

Happy Thanksgiving.




No comments:

Post a Comment