Saturday, November 19, 2016

Genesis 1:26-27

26 Then God said, “Let us make mankind in our image, in our likeness, so that they may rule over the fish in the sea and the birds in the sky, over the livestock and all the wild animals,[a] and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.


Question-who was God talking to?  A guy stopped me at the mall and began talking about God. I thought he was a Mormon but he wasn't. When he pulled out the Bible, I decided I would listen to what he had to say, and he showed me the Bible verses above, just after he asked if I knew about God the Mother as well as God the Father.  I believe what I believe, but I have to admit that the question the guy  asked me left me dumbfounded.  I've read the book of Genesis many many many times in my life, and I never even thought about the sentence in the 26th verse. I'm going to ask my best friend, who is an Episcopalian Priest, and the most knowledgeable Christian I know, and I'll add his response to another post.  

No comments:

Post a Comment