Thursday, October 13, 2016

My friend Alec

Yesterday was my friend Alec's 49th birthday. I treated him to lunch and some beers. We've been friends for about 25 years. His dad( rest in peace)  called me his son from another mother. His mom calls me that as well. Everyone I've met though Alec calls me Mr Casey. His parents still call me that-not because I prefer that, but because Alec has always had to correct people's  pronunciation of his name since childhood-people would always call him Alex. He hated that, so to differentiate between the 2 of us, I'm  Mr Casey. I don't mind. It's funny though, because I feel that people think I prefer to be called that. What I find interesting about it is that, whenever I see someone I know, and wonder how I know them- if they say hey Mr Casey, then I know I met them through Alec. 

1 comment: