Friday, September 23, 2016

Things that made me smile this week



  •  A friend saw my Facebook page for my business A Cake Supreme, and he placed an order!  :)
  •  Amir, a friend I met in Paris, who lives in Saudi Arabia calls more regularly then friends who live in the same city, and he called this week. His wife is pregnant and they want to name him Alieux!
  • A neighbor won the annual baking contest at her job with a pineapple upside down cake that I made for her, and she gave me half the winnings    :)
  • The new NBC show with an ensemble cast called This Is Us. In the premiere on Wednesday, there was this couple due to have triplets. They had a boy and a girl, and the other boy died. They were happy for the ones that survived but distraught because of the one that died. He said his mother made baby clothes for all three babies. While the father was looking at his babies in the delivery room, there was a man chatting it up with him. The father asked which baby was his. He said he didn't have a baby. He's a firefighter, and someone left a black baby at the fire station, and he dropped it off at the hospital. The baby was in the crib next to the twins. Next scene, the couple was at home, with their twins, and the black baby. They were wearing little onesies, #1, #2, and #3.  Yes, I teared up. It made me smile. I know it's just a tv show, but if this happened in real life, I would say that God has His reasons for everything which can sometimes be mysterious to us, and that the couple might give  their new boy the love his parents obviously couldn't provide. There were other great storylines in the show but I felt that one, in my heart. I often wonder who nice it would be to have been loved by my adoptive parents.  I look forward to future episodes.  
  • Kevin Hart's new movie has Halle Berry in it! I can only tolerate Kevin Hart in small doses, so I'll wait until it's on Netflix or the Urban Movie Network so that I can fast forward past his scenes

  •  
  • And, after posting this blog today, I received a request to make 50 mini cupcakes for a kid's 3yr birthday tomorrow. That really made me smile!  I'll take pics tomorrow.

WHAT MADE YOU SMILE THIS WEEK?

3 comments: