Thursday, September 22, 2016

I had a dream

I had a series of strange dreams 2 mornings ago.

In the disturbing one, I was running down the street. Ahead of me the sun was shining so brightly I couldn't see ahead of me, then suddenly I saw angry growling pitbulls running towards me and I ran in the opposite direction, but I noticed I had one leg- my right leg, so I had problems running, but I managed to escape. Then I fell in a pile of shoes. I looked around and I was in the Nike Store in downtown portland. Then next scene, I was in the kitchen frying something, I couldn't tell if it was chicken or jumbo shrimp. There was also what I think were scallops that were in a bowl of what I think is butter. I didn't think the meal was ready but my mother thought it was ready, and her personality is easily volatile I pretended to agree the meal was ready, then my mother suddenly said Cheryl has AIDS. I began to cry, and I thought "I heard that before but I refuse to believe it."

Then I woke up. I considered telling my sister about it but I decided not to. I don't want to upset her. I don't know what it means. My sister has been in a monogamous marriage for about 15 years.It was so strange. I don't know what to do with that dream.


2 comments:

  1. Blimey, thats an odd one, I am also a vivid dreamer and some of mine have given me great cause for concern but I do think the imagery or subject matter in dreams can be so misleading and while it is useful to ponder them I don't think they are prophetic. I hope you are feeling a little better about it now?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still kind of worry about it. Dreams can sometimes be litteral. But I'm going to pray on it, before deciding to tell my sister about it.

      Delete