Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Father Patrick Malone

Yesterday while on the treadmill I decided to look up old friends on Facebook. A few I found, and I sent them friend invites. One good friend, Patrick, didn't have an account, so I googled him.

I discovered he had died a year earlier after a very long battle with leukemia.

I remember when he was diagnosed. He was planning on joining a monastery when he received the news. This was about 20 years ago. We lost track of each other, and I hadn't heard from him in about 15 years. Anyway, when I read about him and the things he continued to do for the homeless and the hungry in Minneapolis, I had to get off the treadmill, go to the bathroom, and cry for about 5 minutes before returning to the treadmill. 

My heart feels heavy right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment