Sunday, October 11, 2015

Quote to start your week off on a positive note.



It's difficult to pursue a dream. It’s a tragedy not to.
     
~Oprah



I love to write, but I also love to cook and bake. I can't imagine not doing either,and I found a way to write and bake at the same time.  After I prepare my cake batter and pour it in my cake (or cupcake) pans and put it in the preheated oven, I set my alarm for 37 minutes, and I spend the next 37 minutes working on a short story or composing or editing poetry, writing until I hear Prince's song If I Was Your Girlfriend, which I have as my timer alarm.  
Once or twice a week, I will bake cakes, cupcakes, pies, and cookies, etc., to either bring to work or give to neighbors. I write, and cook and bake for the same reason that I breathe; because I have to. While working, ideas for short stories pop in my head and I can't wait until lunch time so that I can make notes to help me remember to write it up later, while baking.

On a side note- whoever I  date or marry, she will never have to cook again for the rest of her life if she didn't want to. 

What is it that you would do, even if you didn't get paid for it?  
 
 

4 comments:

  1. I'd dj for free, in fact I do. I love seeing people dance and enjoying music. I don't even care if I hate the music myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice! I love, and I love to dance. I have must respect for DJs because i love music

      Delete
  2. I like reading the crowd and working out what will get people on the dance floor and then keep them there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the sign of a good DJ. Giving the people what they want.

      Delete