Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Some dreams come true.

Someone really hurt me emotionally last year, and as much as I've tried to get over it, I'm still not over it. The wound is still fresh as it came from someone I didn't expect ( and she is still in denial about what she's done, so I'm not expecting an apology) and so I decided to write a short story about her. It was based on a fantasy I have of people observing her in her natural element when other Christians aren't around-and her church discovering she's a hypocrite and her getting kicked out of her church. 
It was a harmless fantasy:

And it came true last week.

My brother told me on Sunday  that someone recorded a 25 minute conversation of her cussing and gossiping about people in the church and saying really mean things about people. The person to whom she was gossiping-she thought was her friend. The friend gave the recording to the Pastor who immediately removed her from her position in the church (she was one of the Church Mothers and she sat in the pulpit) and made her sit in the pews. 
But that wasn't enough because the friend made sure the entire church heard the recording in its entirety. There was no way she could stay in the church, and they kicked her out. 

I hate to admit it, but the news made me so happy. I felt giddy. It made my sister happy too. It was enevitable. Her need to backstab and start rumors is similar to my need to breathe, or sleep, or eat. It's something she seems to have to do in order to survive. I've since decided it was wrong for me to feel the way I did.
Okay God, I have another fantasy; to find love. I'm still waiting.

2 comments:

  1. I know how you feel...happy that she's been kicked out, then [ahem] guilty :-)

    There's a woman like her around town, other women are sooo scared of her. I avoid her as much as I can.

    What if you write a story about how you find love, and describe the person you want in your life? :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right! I will do that! I'll outline the idea on my way home and then write the story!

      Good idea!

      Delete